FirstNet and Next Generation 9-1-1 are transforming today’s public safety communications networks. How is this going to work? Who‘s in charge? How will the data stay secure and within stakeholder policy limits? This track highlights technology, current projects underway, best practices and various trials for the Next Generation Command Center. Are you ready?
At the conclusion of this track, attendees will:
– have an understanding of various trials and implementations for new public safety communications applications,
– be able to identify challenges and opportunities for supporting public safety, and
– be able to apply concepts to start planning the transition of current networks to the next generation.
- Public Policy
- Indoor Location
- Database (GIS)
- NG9-1-1 Case Studies.
Highlights of the NextGen Emergency Communications track include:
- Harnessing Technology Change for the Future of Emergency Communications, Patrick Halley; Wilkinson, Barker, Knauer, LLP
- Getting to NG911 Before the Next Generation, Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University and Patrick Halley; Wilkinson, Barker, Knauer, LLP
- Indoor Location Service for Emergency Calls, Carol Davids; IIT
- The Challenges of NG911 Geospatial Data, Susan Seet, Texas CSEC and Jessica Beierman, GeoComm, Inc.
- Not Your Father’s ALI Record Anymore, Kevin Sallmen, Redsky Technologies
- Lessons from Early Adopters, Mark Grady, INdigital; Bart Lovett, OnPoint, LLC; Michael Ramsey, NG-911, Inc.; Paul Stoffels, Frontier Communications; Tom Sammons, General Dynamics
- NG911 and WebRTC, Robin Raymond, Hookflash
Please use the Registration link to ensure your place at the conference.
The IIT RTC Conference is a globally recognized collaborative event, where industry and academia connect. Leveraging its unique academic setting, this annual conference brings together technical professionals and business executives from the data and telecommunications industry, standards bodies, policy and regulatory institutions, and academic educators and researchers to promote an open exchange of ideas to lead future development in the rapidly changing field of real-time communications.
Stay tuned to our Conference Website and mailing lists for further updates. Or follow us on: