The Internet is Mobile and the transition to an IP based wireless network is an accomplished fact. The proliferation of smartphones and tablets, combined with the exploding demand for ubiquitous wireless network connectivity and resources, has put the mobile experience at the forefront of the way we communicate today. With this transition has come a change in use patterns. Today mobile applications are dominant. Mobile ecosystems offer a rich environment in which users can enjoy better experiences than were possible over wired access networks. This track addresses the evolution of the mobile ecosystem. Topics to be discussed include:
- What new platforms are emerging for new application development?
- How will the mobile web and native app development co-exist?
- What is the role of mobile communications stakeholders in the new ecosystem?
- How are sensors, geolocation, big data, and artificial intelligence, and other aspects of the IoT ecosystem creating a richer experience by adding context to real-time communications?
- How does the network impact the application and the application impact the network?
- How will 5G impact this ecosystem?
- Through a new prism: spectrum in the age of wireless communication – Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University – Keynote
- Applying technology towards sustainable goals that benefit economy, humanity and the environment – Biju Nair, HYLA Mobile
- YES there is hope for ending robocalls and Caller ID spoofing. The STIR/SHAKEN approach. – Chris Wendt, Comcast; Henning Schulzrinne, Columbia University: Richard Shockey, Shockey Consulting
- Coming great power for 5G and great responsibilities in security & trust – Carlos Romero, Gemalto
- Wireless Access – a Key Constituent of the Future Intelligent Architectures – Dr. Suresh Borkar, IIT
- Apps Powered by Virtual Phone Numbers, and Technology behind the Network – Terry Hsiao, Hook Mobile
The IIT RTC Conference is a globally recognized collaborative event, where industry and academia connect. Leveraging its unique academic setting, this annual conference brings together technical professionals and business executives from the data and telecommunications industry, standards bodies, policy and regulatory institutions, and academic educators and researchers to promote an open exchange of ideas to lead future development in the rapidly changing field of real-time communications.
Stay tuned to our Conference Website and mailing lists for further updates. Or follow us on: